directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Website / Downloadpages
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 08:25:03 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I can't find the place to fix following issues on our project website:

These are static pages (not located on Confluence) that you can find on
people.apache.org (/www/directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/download/ for
example).

- - ApacheDS download as archive says 'Download for Windows' what is wrong
> [1]

Great find. I missed this one... ;)

> - - On all download pages we encourage to verify the integrity. Couldn't we
> add a link for the specific asc/md5 file just
> below the link of the zip/... file instead of letting the user crawling for
> the asc/md5 file he needs himself using the
> link [2] pointing him to a directory containing all distribution files?

When the download page contains only one distribution, the links to the
asc/md5 files are associated to the file. When there's more than one
distribution, the links point to the folder instead.
Maybe we could add these like aside the download links for all the
distributions like you said.

I'd propose something like that:
[DownloadImage] *
http://apache.multidist.com/directory/apacheds/unstable/1.5/1.5.4/apacheds-1.5.4-setup.exe