directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r699310 - in /directory/studio/trunk: ./ aciitemeditor/ apacheds-configuration-feature/ apacheds-configuration-help/ apacheds-configuration/ apacheds-feature/ apacheds-help/ apacheds-launcher/ apacheds/ connection-core/ connection-ui/
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:02:38 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> IMO the question is 'What for want you do a maven build?'.

The intention of a fast build is to generate a fully functional distribution
that we can run and test in a few seconds.
We usually make modifications in the code and either launch the application
in Eclipse or run "mvn install" and launch the generated distribution to
test if the behavior is OK.

> I could imagine to have a profile (root pom) containing the modules
> *help, updatesite,studio (I think this are the ones failing when there
> are missing *help artifacts).
> If none of those two (updatesite and studio=dist) is needed to be built
> on a 'fast build' this works also. But this is only if a fast mvn build
> is just to see if it compiles.
> So it's really the question what's the intention of a fast build.

Yeah, the idea is to be able to launch a generated distribution, so I
believe this won't unfortunately help.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud