directory-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Chu <...@symas.com>
Subject Re: Usage of JDBM : Experience feedbacks
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:35:38 GMT
Robert Mertens wrote:
> Hi Florent,
> I am using the JDBM as a part of the Apache Directory Server. I am
> switching from OpenLDAP because it's Berkeley did not always shut down
> properly.

I find that quite difficult to believe. On a properly configured installation
we never see corruption or data loss. We've even tested on machines that
crashed due to failing DRAMs and the database (containing over 1 terabyte of
data) still recovered in under 2 minutes on the subsequent reboot (after
replacement of bad memory).

Ever since BerkeleyDB 4.2 came out, we've had no data corruption issues with
BerkeleyDB...

--
   -- Howard Chu