directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP DSML Gateway
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:39:11 GMT
Jeff MAURY wrote:
>> 3) We have a brand new API which is wrapped on top of ADS, but it may need
>> to be polished. (this is the main drawback). But the biggest advantage is
>> that you can't be closer to the Ldap semantic.
>>

> Can you give me some pointers about this API ?

it's in the apacheds/core project. The main class is CoreSession.java,
which allows you to create a new "LDAP session", and then to invoke the
LDAP operations (add, search, etc).

The best way to get a clue about how it should be used can be found in
the apacheds/core-integ project, in the tests package
org.apache.dorectory.server.core.jndi.referral. It contains a test for
each operation, with JNDI and Core API use.

A bit far from perfect, but a good start...

>> But this is a very first rough suggestion, it has to be refined in order to
>> implement the correct solution. At this point, a working prototype might
>> help.
>>

> My intention is to start with a prototype. Of course, the authentication
> will be managed by the proxy.

Just fine.

Just post any question you have, we will try to help you as much as
possible.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny