directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject interface Partition: Difference between getSuffixDn() and getUpSuffixDn?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 16:01:43 GMT
Hi all!

I try to experiment with the Partition interface in order to provide a
simple example for the Docs. Here is a question I have.

In the interface org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.Partition
(which I have to implement) the two methods getSuffixDn() and
getUpSuffixDn() have the same javadoc. It states "Gets the
distinguished/absolute name of the suffix for all entries stored within
this ContextPartition."

What is the difference between the two, and what exactly does the "Up"
in getUpSuffixDn() mean? I was thinking about "user provided". Perhaps
one is expected in a normalized way ... But these are only guesses.

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan