directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP DSML Gateway
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:44:05 GMT
Shon Vella wrote:
> There are existing opensource DSML gateways that you may be able to
> use, including one that is part of the  LDAP Class Libraries for Java
> (JLDAP) contribution from Novell to the OpenLDAP project.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/jldap/
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/DSML_for_eDirectory_%28SOAP%29
>

> You may be able to use that as is or at least as a starting point.

Thanks for the pointers. FYI, we already have a full DSML
parser/generator in ADS. We just need the WS part.

Another aspect is that we have had some discussion last year with Howard
Chu (OpenLdap) about the definition of a "new JNDI" and about JLdap
maintenance. This is definitively something which would worth to be
investigated further, as it's not really a good idea to develop a new
API, when we would collaborate, or even better merge both API.

But this is another story :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com