directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:29:55 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> One more mail to report the status.
>
> I fixed the issue with the javadoc generation.
>
> Now I have an issue with the deployment of the distributions.
> It looks like Maven is trying to upload the distributions to the
> Oxylos CI machine.
>
> I'm wondering if this part of the build should not be defined in a
> specific CI plugin.
> WDYT ?
>
I think we should put this deployment into a profile CI (exists already
somewhere) to have it deployed only when using this profile.

> I'm also wondering if it makes sense to deploy the distributions
> during the 'release' phase, because only one distribution (the one for
> your OS) will be generated and not all the distribution.
You can add the profiles for the missing OSs to generate the dists.

> Furthermore, these distributions are not the final packages that will
> be exposed on the website.
> For a few of them, an extra task is needed to get the final release file:
>
>     * on Mac OS X, the generated application needs to be packaged as a
>       DMG (Disk iMaGe)
>     * on Windows, the generated application needs to be packaged as a
>       Windows installer executable.
>
> WDYT ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> <pa@marcelot.net <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi again,
>
>     Looks like Apache DS already had the same problem before [1].
>
>     I'm going to look for any "<a" string in the javadoc and replace
>     it by "&lt;a" to fix the issue.
>
>     Regards,
>     Pierre-Arnaud
>
>     [1] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-748
>
>
>
>     On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>     <pa@marcelot.net <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I'm trying to use the 'release:perform' task on Studio.
>         I've released internally in my personal Maven repository the
>         TLP pom version 14 and I've updated Studio's root pom to use
>         this version.
>         I've setup my settings.xml file with the release profile (I'm
>         releasing into a specific folder instead of apache's maven
>         repo of course) and used it to run the release.
>
>         It worked for a few projects that got successfully deploy to
>         my repo but it then failed on the LDAP Browser Core project.
>         Looks like it failed when generating the Javadoc... :(
>
>         The build log is attached to this mail.
>
>         Does anyone know who I can fix this?
>
>         Thanks,
>         Pierre-Arnaud
>
>
>         On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Felix Knecht
>         <felixk@apache.org <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>             Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
>             > Guys,
>             >
>             > The "release:prepare" goal is working! ;) At last...
>             >
>             > Here are the few modifications I had to do to make it work:
>             >
>             >     * Exclude the 'test-integration-core' and
>             'test-integration-ui'
>             >       projects from the build (so they don't get released).
>             >     * Change the version of the studio-maven-plugin to a
>             released one
>             >       (ie. 1.0.1).
>             >     * Change the '<preparationGoals>' in the
>             configuration of the
>             >       release plugin to "<preparationGoals>clean
>             studio:eclipse
>             >       install</preparationGoals>".
>             >
>             > I tested the generated jars and distribution and they
>             are working very
>             > well.
>             >
>             > If everyone if ok with these modification, I'd like to
>             apply them on
>             > trunk.
>
>             +1
>
>             > WDYT ?
>             >
>             > Unfortunately, I was not able to test the deployment
>             using the
>             > "release:perform" goal because Studio's pom refers to
>             TLP pom version
>             > 13 which does not allow us to change the remote repository.
>             > Maybe, we can release the TLP pom version 14, so I can
>             try this.
>
>             +1
>
>             Felix
>             > WDYT ?
>             >
>             > Thanks,
>             > Pierre-Arnaud
>             >
>             > On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>             > <pa@marcelot.net <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>
>             <mailto:pa@marcelot.net <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>>> wrote:
>             >
>             >     On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Stefan Seelmann
>             >     <seelmann@apache.org <mailto:seelmann@apache.org>
>             <mailto:seelmann@apache.org <mailto:seelmann@apache.org>>>
>             wrote:
>             >
>             >         We already have such profiles, they are called
>             >         integration-core and
>             >         integration-ui :-)
>             >
>             >
>             >     Yeah, it's true, but I'm talking about a profile in
>             the root pom
>             >     that will include the 'test-integration-core' and
>             >     'test-integration-ui' projects.
>             >
>             >     By default, these 2 projects will be excluded from
>             the build, and
>             >     they will be included only if you add this profile.
>             >
>             >     Regards,
>             >     Pierre-Arnaud
>             >
>             >
>
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message