directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ChangeLog and revert operations
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:36:39 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if it makes sense to track the revert operation of
the reverted operations ;)

To be clear, let's suppose we add an entry. The ChangeLog interceptor
will create an associated Delete LDIF event, which will revert the
addition. Now, if we do the revert, the ChangeLog interceptor will
create the associated Add LDIF entry. A little bit over killing in many
cases, IMHO, unless we really want to act as a Subversion server.

What about adding an option to tell the interceptor not to create the
reverted operations if we are reverting an operation ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org