directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r699310 - in /directory/studio/trunk: ./ aciitemeditor/ apacheds-configuration-feature/ apacheds-configuration-help/ apacheds-configuration/ apacheds-feature/ apacheds-help/ apacheds-launcher/ apacheds/ connection-core/ connection-ui/
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:31:34 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     If you want a dist also with fast mvn build I son't see any other
>     solution than moving this part of the help-pom.xml into every
>     *help/pom.xml :-(
>     The userguides profile may last in help-pom.
>

> Yeah, that's also what I was thinking.
>
> But there's also another drawback with this solution.
> The command "mvn clean install" does not work as expected.
> It will only clean the target folder and 'timestamp' file but won't
> re-generate the HTML help because when the command line is launched
> the 'timestamp' file is there and then the profile is not activated...
>
> I guess we should leave it as it was before we tried to implement this
> functionality as it causing some troubles to the build...
>
> I'm also wondering if we should not try to have a named profile that
> we add to the command line if we want the generation of the help ("mvn
> clean install -Pgenerate-help-plugins"). But I think this could cause
> issues when using the release plugin.
>
> WDYT?
What we could do is the following
Add this to the root profile:
    <profile>
      <id>foobar</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>fastbuild</name>
          <value>true</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <modules>
        <module>schemaeditor-help</module>
        <module>ldifeditor-help</module>
        <module>ldapbrowser-help</module>
        <module>apacheds-configuration-help</module>
        <module>apacheds-help</module>
      </modules>
    </profile>

and remove all the timestamp stuff we have added.
By default also the *help modules are build. If you as developer know
that they already exist you can add -Dfastbuild to your CLI and the
*help modules are skipped from build:

felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $ mvn
help:active-profiles|grep foobar
felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $ mvn
help:active-profiles -Dfastbuild|grep foobar
 - foobar (source: pom)
felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $

Would this be a way to go?

Regards