directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r699310 - in /directory/studio/trunk: ./ aciitemeditor/ apacheds-configuration-feature/ apacheds-configuration-help/ apacheds-configuration/ apacheds-feature/ apacheds-help/ apacheds-launcher/ apacheds/ connection-core/ connection-ui/
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 10:05:01 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I tried various fixes to make our tweak for the help plugins work, but
> I could not find one working.
>
> The only solution I see is to get rid of the help-pom.xml file and
> duplicate the generation code in each help plugin project.
> But this is a very "bad" and "ugly" solution...
>
> Maybe you see another solution we could use ?
IMO the question is 'What for want you do a maven build?'.

I could imagine to have a profile (root pom) containing the modules
*help, updatesite,studio (I think this are the ones failing when there
are missing *help artifacts).
If none of those two (updatesite and studio=dist) is needed to be built
on a 'fast build' this works also. But this is only if a fast mvn build
is just to see if it compiles.
So it's really the question what's the intention of a fast build.