directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:08:12 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     According to some discussions we had lately and also the note
>     David made
>     about this you should never have a TLP pom snapshot dependency in
>     a project.
>     So if there are made any changes to the TLP pom they are just in the
>     snapshot of it and not used yet in any project.
>

> Oh, ok. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Then I guess, we won't need to release the TLP pom, right ?
This depends if you want to make usage of the latest changes done in the
TLP pom since release of version 13 ;-)
e.g. deploy it to the location of your whishes when just rying to do a
test or snapshot deployment using the release.altDeploymentRepository
property.
See also
http://www.archivum.info/dev@directory.apache.org/2008-09/msg00692.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Guide+to+Directory+Releases