Hi David,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:37 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Sep 11, 2008, at 11:30 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

Although not a big deal the release has been completed but took hours this time because the Maven release plugin decided to not work.

which parts didn't work?

Well it kept telling me in the prepare phase that the svn copy to produce the tag could not proceed because the tag was already present in SVN.  This btw was not at all the case.  Regardless the commit to create the tag failed saying this.

So I just reverted to using the manual method.

btw jason dillon has been switching geronimo release process to stage to the build machine, and then copy the results to the staging site on people.apache.org since project by project copy of releases is too susceptible to breaking during long builds.

I've seen issues with our biggest project (apacheds): the multiproject build would stop due to dependency that could not be downloaded but worked the second time for some reason.

I would like to explore your idea for staging first because it's good to test what will be released instead of just trusting the releaser.

BTW we're also trying to switch to MINA 2 and are having seriuos issues with XBean.  Man it's just killing me.  I really need some help with it.

Thanks,
Alex

thanks
david jencks

Regardless the release is done from the tagging and deploying to the remote Maven repository.  The only items that remain are the installers.  I've generated the few installers I could based on my architecture here.

Pierre you mind generating the others and deploying to the mirroring area?  I have put the ones I have generated and signed up here:

http://people..apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/1.5.4/

If you like you can just add the ones you generate for mac osx etc here and I can push them also.  Just let me know what works best for you.

Thanks,
Alex