directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing tests (was: Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.5.4)
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 04:00:52 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm referring to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies
with no mods whatsoever (I planned to get a stable base and then
submit some of the "more likely to interest you guys" patches for
review). Unfortunately I "mvn clean"ed and moved my ~/.m2/repository
out of the way and rebuilt and can confirm I see the same failures.

Don't know enough about the new build / code to comment with much
authority but it doesn't seem to me that the core-integ failures are
knock-on effects from the jdbm-store failures.

Thanks

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> The best would be to erase the .m2/repository, do a complete svn co of
> the code, run mvn and see what happens. A  litle bit long, but the
> best way to avoid any usage of any old jars...
>
> Oh, and do that in a clean directory on your disk. And don't forget to
> curse Widnows twice ;)
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
>> Are you able to build the stock trunk without any of your modifications? I
>> just want to confirm your environment works for the basis case.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Norval Hope <nrhope@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Couldn't see in the various pom.xmls where the "system" and "schema"
>>> directories were named as such, but did this
>>>
>>> cp -r apaches/core/target/server_work/schema
>>> apaches/core/target/server_work/system
>>>
>>> and retried "mvn install" in apacheds/core-integ/ but unfortunately
>>> got the same bulk failures (or more exactly errors) so have attached
>>> both the text output by "mvn install" and the surefire results:
>>>
>>> Tests run: 381, Failures: 0, Errors: 188, Skipped: 0
>>>
>>> I'm afraid I don't have enough of a feel for the more recent 1.5 build
>>> / code to make sense of this but my gut feeling is that root problems
>>> may be down to:
>>>  1) the system/ versus schema/ name
>>>  2) differences in Windows file system semantics (notice complaints
>>> about not being able to delete the server-work/ directory) which might
>>> be due to running processes still accessing files.
>>>
>>> Note I'm running Windows XP and JDK 1.5_011.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Is