directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Derricutt" <>
Subject Re: Loading custom schemas with AbstractServerTest under 1.5.4
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:11:18 GMT
Simple for those who know where to look - but I can't seem to find any tests
which enable a custom schema anywhere in the apacheds tree.  I can find a
few tests that construct a new BootstrapSchemaLoader and add Schema
instances to it for testing,  but I don't see a way to inject that into a
running service except through addToLoadedSet().

After a bit of hunting I started looking at:

    public void configureDirectoryService() throws Exception {
        directoryService.getRegistries().addToLoadedSet(new Smx3Schema());

with no luck, neither did:

    public void configureLdapServer() {

neither triggered any exceptions of errors, but neither do I see the schema
being reported when querying ldap or inserting objects using the schema.

If someone who knows what/how to do this - could they update the wiki page

which currently says its out of date.  In the mean time I'll continue
hunting for a solution.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Alex Karasulu <>wrote:

> Just look at the code in the JUnit base classes that enable a schema.  Push
> that code into your TestNG harness.  It's rather simple.

View raw message