directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r694527 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core/pom.xml jdbm-store/pom.xml xdbm-base/pom.xml xdbm-search/pom.xml xdbm-tools/pom.xml
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:10:59 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <>wrote:

> Hi Emmanuel,
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <>wrote:
>> Last minutes changes are always bad, but this is something we have to deal
>> with...
> Yeah of course...
>> Can I suggest that before entering in release mode, we do a code freeze
>> just before ? As we have a 72 hours period between the vote and the real
>> release, the code freeze period would be used to avoid some last minute
>> changes during the release.
> Yeah, sounds great. Maybe we could create candidate branches, so we can
> continue to work on the trunk during those 72 hours. If something is wrong
> for the release, we can fix in these candidate branches.
>> Also, I would say that the release manager will always be blamed for what
>> he breaks, but he is not responsible, as he is just the guy who paint the
>> house, and notice the cracks in the wall...
> Yeah, it's true and I was absolutely not blaming Alex. ;)

No no I FU here and should have left things as is.  I noticed the artifactId
and module name discrepancy.  But we can retag and regenerate the installers
and push them out again.

> I know very well, how hard it is to cut a release... :D
> (Especially when maven plugins try to prevent you from releasing)

Not that bad I'm just a retard these days.

> BTW, I checked out the code and fixed it, so the installers are working
> fine now.
> Here's what's working and has been tested so far:
> - Windows installer
> - Mac OS X installer
> - Solaris (x86 and sparc) installers
> - Archive (zip and tar.gz) installers (on Unix and Windows)
> Here's what's need to be tested:
> - Binary installers
> - Debian installers
> - RPM installers

I'll check these out.  Did you deploy these to the dist area?  Remember we'd
have to resign them.

View raw message