directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Installers for 1.5.4 Release
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:34:52 GMT
Hi David,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:37 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2008, at 11:30 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
> Although not a big deal the release has been completed but took hours this
> time because the Maven release plugin decided to not work.
>

> which parts didn't work?

Well it kept telling me in the prepare phase that the svn copy to produce
the tag could not proceed because the tag was already present in SVN.  This
btw was not at all the case.  Regardless the commit to create the tag failed
saying this.

So I just reverted to using the manual method.

> btw jason dillon has been switching geronimo release process to stage to
> the build machine, and then copy the results to the staging site on
> people.apache.org since project by project copy of releases is too
> susceptible to breaking during long builds.

I've seen issues with our biggest project (apacheds): the multiproject build
would stop due to dependency that could not be downloaded but worked the
second time for some reason.

I would like to explore your idea for staging first because it's good to
test what will be released instead of just trusting the releaser.

BTW we're also trying to switch to MINA 2 and are having seriuos issues with
XBean.  Man it's just killing me.  I really need some help with it.

Thanks,
Alex