directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Continuum] Cleaning needed in Maven local repository
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:44:01 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> > I might look into a way to clean on each build the respective area.
> > Wonder if this possible.
>
> Don't now, but why you want to do this?

Our snapshots are good for stopping breakage when individual projects are
built alone.  That's the whole point for them.  But when some time odd
things occur.  Such as mismatches or collisions as we saw before when things
changed dramatically.  Sometimes we just need a clean local repo as the
build may need a clean repo as well.

Was thinking many problems might be relieved by replacing the section of
repo associated with each build to just have a clean start.

Alex