directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PluginManagement / update policy
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:43:26 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> In the project/pom.xmls pluginManagement section we have defined various
> plugins. Does a policy exists about when
> updating to a newer version of plugins (same for artifacts)?

There's no policy per say but I personally try to update before a new
release.

Before releasing the project/pom.xml (now including the rat report
> generation) a decision should be made about including
> the rat:check into the release process or not.

Yes I think we already do this for ApacheDS project when the -Prelease flag
is present to trigger the release profile.  If we do not then we should - we
should do what you suggest TLP wide.

Alex