directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Bouncycastle] reloaded, was Re: [ApacheDS] Compilation issues with trunk
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:06:51 GMT

On Sep 15, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I think that we should go back to use BC 136 waiting for BC 140 be
> loaded into the maven central repository. We don't need this shared-
> bouncycastle-reduced library if we can use BC 140, as this new
> version does not content any patented software. In the mean time,
> and until we release 1.5.5, I suggest we use the previous version,
> as the build is broken for unknown reasons, and I don't think it
> worths the time and energy to fix the current build.

Well, this makes it more likely that you will end up releasing
something that actually depends on BC 136, which IIUC is not a good
idea.  I haven't followed much of this discussion but I would expect
that if everything uses the reduced BC jar from apacheds all would be
well.  Usually you can use mvn dependency:tree to find out where a
dependency is getting pulled in and if necessary use <exclusions> to
avoid pulling in the actual BC 136 jar.

thanks
david jencks