directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TLP pom
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:23:45 GMT

On Sep 12, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Some I'm still at war with the maven-site-plugin and the generate
> sites.
> - From version 9 to 10 of the TLP pom somehow the site-plugin got
> lost in the defnitions. I'd like to add it again if
> there are no objections.
> - Somehow maven doesn't takes from scratch the latest version of
> this plugin but it's needed ....

I think that the plugin version now has to be explicitly specified.
Some are in base maven, which might be where the version is coming from.

> To have the generated sites more or less (...) working I'd also like
> to update all project poms to use 13-SNAPSHOT as
> parent pom.

I pretty strongly suggest that you update all the versions you are
interested in, try it out a bit locally, and call a vote to release it
so you aren't depending on a snapshot parent that isn't built with the
actual projects.  If theres a problem, release a new version.

thanks
david jencks