directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Rohit Gupta (rohitgu)" <rohi...@cisco.com>
Subject Intercepting LDAP request
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:10:44 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working on a project where I am required to intercept an
authentication request being generated for an LDAP server.

Actually, one of the web servers authenticates is users using an LDAP
server, but the server is now sitting behind a firewall and cannot be
called directly. I am not allowed to touch the box containing the web
server, its a black box.

So, I was wondering if its possible to intercept all the request being
sent by the web server to the LDAP server ,using some portions of code
from the Apache directory, and the redirect these requests to our LDAP
server and send the response back to the Web server in a format it can
understand.

It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can direct me as to how I can
solve this problem.

Thanks,
Rohit