directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] How to speed up build time?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:01:55 GMT
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> You're absolutely right, I should have thought about this. Profile
> modules are built after the non profile modules. So we had in fact a
> back log of 1 build in the help plugins :-(
> I'll fix this.

I tried to fix it but it only works half way.

When I run the "mvn install" command from the root of the trunk, it will
work. But I run it from an help project (let's say apacheds-help), it will
re-build everything, even if the timestamp is here.

What I did is this.
I've added again the help projects as modules in the root pom and removed
the help profiles from it.
I've also put all build instructions in the help-pom.xml in a profile
activated if the timestamp file is missing.

I can commit this if you want.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud