directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:56:10 GMT
Hi Jeff,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Jeff MAURY <jeffmaury@jeffmaury.com>wrote:

> I know that is is possible for a Mojo to launch the goal of another plugin.
> This can be done with the execute annotation (
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/mojo-api-specification.html#The_Descriptor_and_Annotations
> )

Thanks. Unfortunately, we're trying to do that only in the pom.xml file
(with the need to write another plugin).

To be clearer, let me detail what we want to do.
Right now in studio when you checkout the code and want to import it in
Eclipse, you need to run the 'mvn eclipse:eclipse studio:eclipse' command
line.
This command generates the .classpath, .project files for Eclipse
(eclipse:eclipse goal) and, updates the manifest file (META-INF/MANIFEST.MF)
and copies the needed dependencies in a 'lib' folder (studio:eclipse goal).
Recently, I've discovered the Felix Bundle plugin which let us easily
generate a functionnal manifest file from the pom.xml file. We're also
thinking with Felix, about replacing the use of the Studio plugin for
copying our dependencies by the corresponding goal in the Dependencies
plugin.
Then I was wondering if we could not replace our 'mvn eclipse:eclipse
studio:eclipse' by 'mvn eclipse:eclipse', and have the generation of the
manifest and the copy of the dependencies triggered by this
'eclipse:eclipse' goal.
Here's the idea...

If you have any trail on that... ;)

Regards,