directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:36:14 GMT
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> If the 2 MF files are identical the one from META-INF can be copied to the
>> target using the <resources /> section in the
>> pom.
>

> The idea is to get rid of the current META-INF folder. This will not be in
> SVN anymore.
>
> The first MF file is to be created when the eclipse:eclipse goal is run (I
> think this is possible, right?), and to be used by eclipse when launching
> the plugin to test/debug it.
> The second MF file is to be used by the Maven Jar plugin when creating the
> final jar.

Actually, there's no need to generate 2 Manifest files. One at
${project}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF is enough.

Before, I do any modification, I want to make sure, everyone is ok with
that.

So, the idea is to:

   - have the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file removed from SVN and added to
   svn:ignore
   - have the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file generated by the Felix Bundle plugin
   (the configuration of the Manifest is in the pom.xml)

Is this ok with everyone (+1/+-0/-1) ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud