directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:58:18 GMT
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> If the 2 MF files are identical the one from META-INF can be copied to the
> target using the <resources /> section in the
> pom.

The idea is to get rid of the current META-INF folder. This will not be in
SVN anymore.

The first MF file is to be created when the eclipse:eclipse goal is run (I
think this is possible, right?), and to be used by eclipse when launching
the plugin to test/debug it.
The second MF file is to be used by the Maven Jar plugin when creating the
final jar.

> Maybe we can also skip the studio plugin if the features of the bundle
> plugin fits our needs.

Yeah, I think the UpdateManifest Mojo won't be used anymore. But, we'll
still use the others Mojos defined in the Studio plugin.

FYI, I successfully managed to generate a perfectly working Manifest file
for the Jars plugin.
I'll try modify all the projects on Monday with this new functionnality.

With this update, I think we'll be able to safely use the Maven Release
plugin. Which will help a lot in terms of release time and release
reliability.
Less hand edits and more automated processes, means a stronger build. :D

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud