directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:54:35 GMT
Hi all,

I want to give you an update on where I am with the use of the Maven Release
Plugin in Studio.

I still can't get the release plugin to work correctly, but I have made
significant progress...

I'm not working on Apache's SVN repository to do my testing but on my
employer's private SVN repository.
So unfortunately, I can't show you the modifications I had to make until
now, but here's a quick summup.

First, I had to change our version numbering scheme for SNAPSHOT version.
We're currently using ".SNAPSHOT" instead of "-SNAPSHOT" and it was causing
issues, so I had to switch back to the original "-SNAPSHOT".
To do so, I had to update the Maven Studio Plugin because "-SNAPSHOT" at the
end of the version is not valid for an OSGI bundle.

Then, I was able to provide all the informations the Maven Release Plugin
(resolve snapshot dependencies, provide final version and next iteration
version, as well as SCM tag name).
The Release Plugin has modified all the poms with the informations I
provided and started to run a "build" with the following command: "mvn clean
verify".
Everything went fine until the build of the updatesite project which made
the build failed as it could not find the artifact
org.apache.directory.studio:aciitemeditor:1.3.0.
The problem is that this project was successfully built by the same command
a few seconds before...

Do you have any idea on what's going on ?

After the build stopped, I tried to re-build it myself (not using the
Release plugin but using "mvn clean install". Everything went fine, the
updatesite project included...
So, I have no idea why it's failing when I run it using the Release plugin.

If you have an idea. Feel free to tell me... ;)

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud