directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] What's the better approch to move to Apache DS 1.5.4 in the Apache DS plugin?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:28:07 GMT
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Solution 3:
> Everybody running  the server plugin already now is able to export his
> data in LDIF with the 'legacy' studio version.
> The new studio recognizes if an older server.xml exists -> Create a new
> server (1.5.4), migrate the server.xml to use and give the user a
> warning, that he'll need to export LDIF using his legacy studio and
> import it into the latest version?
> Migrate what we already can do and show the user the migration path for
> his existing data and let the user do the migration.

It could also be a solution for people using the RCP app.
However for people using Studio inside Eclipse, it would be more difficult,
because it's hard to downgrade to a previous version of a plugin.

There may also be a problem where the user will see multiple times the same
server in the Servers view.

Pierre-Arnaud