directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [vote] Release studio-plugin
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:06:44 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's much more a question of who is using the released part. Atm, it's just
> us, the Server. Even studio don't use it.

It's the opposite... ;)
Studio uses it, Server doesn't.

> We have had the very same discussion 2 months ago about shared : should we
> vote on it? Right now, I think we should vote on what is used by more than
> one project, as it gives a chance to avoid problems. So here is the project
> I think we need to vote for :
> - Studio
> - Server
> - Shared
>
> All the other projects (project, plugins, daemon, etc) are only used
> internally by a single project, and are part of a bigger vote. You won't
> release Studio if the studio-plugin is dorked ...
>
> Does it makes sense ?

I don't completely agree, I think we need a vote for any release we make to
the Maven repository.

Sometimes people have pending modifications on a project, and having a vote
before releasing is a great way to avoid releasing something that is not
complete.
With a vote, the developer will be able to indicate that he needs to apply a
few modifications before the release is OK.

Although, I agree on the fact that we can do grouped votes, like the one I
did some time ago, where I launched two releases votes (one for Studio and
one for Shared - as Studio depends on it) in a single thread

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud