directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r694527 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core/pom.xml jdbm-store/pom.xml xdbm-base/pom.xml xdbm-search/pom.xml xdbm-tools/pom.xml
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:29:25 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Last minutes changes are always bad, but this is something we have to deal
> with...

Yeah of course...

> Can I suggest that before entering in release mode, we do a code freeze
> just before ? As we have a 72 hours period between the vote and the real
> release, the code freeze period would be used to avoid some last minute
> changes during the release.

Yeah, sounds great. Maybe we could create candidate branches, so we can
continue to work on the trunk during those 72 hours. If something is wrong
for the release, we can fix in these candidate branches.

> Also, I would say that the release manager will always be blamed for what
> he breaks, but he is not responsible, as he is just the guy who paint the
> house, and notice the cracks in the wall...

Yeah, it's true and I was absolutely not blaming Alex. ;)
I know very well, how hard it is to cut a release... :D
(Especially when maven plugins try to prevent you from releasing)

BTW, I checked out the code and fixed it, so the installers are working fine
now.

Here's what's working and has been tested so far:
- Windows installer
- Mac OS X installer
- Solaris (x86 and sparc) installers
- Archive (zip and tar.gz) installers (on Unix and Windows)

Here's what's need to be tested:
- Binary installers
- Debian installers
- RPM installers