directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse plugin snapshot update
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:27:38 GMT
Hi Felix,

These are great ideas.

I think we can do both.

1°/ Add a nightly build update site on the oxylos machine where we deploy
the latest update site (as you said). People will be able to install the
snapshot version using the standard eclipse way.

Unfortunately, Eclipse won't be able to find an update between two builds of
this nightly update site (as the version number will stay the same). The
solution would be to uninstall Studio's features and plugins before
re-installing them with the update site.

2°/ We can also provide the update site as an archive download (zip) that
users can use to manually install in their Eclipse folder (the JBoss
solution).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud