directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Reflect DIRSERVER-1140 changes
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:13:19 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> > Hi Felix,
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com
> > <mailto:felix@otego.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I'm not sure if I shall apply the patch for mentioned fix in
> >     apacheds (see also
> >     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=692919
> >     <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=692919>).
> >

> > Your patch is not completely good
>
> That's what I guessed and why I didn't applied it. Thanks for reviewing :-)

Thanks for creating the patch, I'm currently applying a part of it to fix
the build issues. ;)

> BTW: Please note that this (apacheds project) is one of those changes CI
> will not fail ATM because we're not using SNAPSHOT version of apacheds
> in the studio/apacheds-launcher.

Yeah, we're only working with released version for the apacheds,
apacheds-launcher and apacheds-configuration plugins. I prefer to wait on
the definitive version of the server.xml file and the classes before adding
support for this version. Otherwise, I'll never changing things when
configuration and classes changes.

> > If you mean for the apacheds version in the apacheds plugin, yeah why
> > not.
> > But then we would also need to introduce a property for the shared
> > version too.
> I didn't saw that. But I think it's a good idea to have a version
> property for dependencies depending on the same version (like
> shared/apachds). It's easier to change the version just i one place than
> in multiple ones.

Yeah, I totally agree.

Thanks again for having an eye on everything... ;)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud