directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Reflect DIRSERVER-1140 changes
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 07:55:53 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I shall apply the patch for mentioned fix in apacheds (see
> also
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=692919).

Your patch is not completely good (for example we don't need to change the
apacheds-configuration/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/studio/apacheds/configuration/default-server-1.5.3.xml
file as it is the standard file for Apache DS 1.5.3, same thing for the
1.5.3 parser), and it would break some functionnalities. I have too review
it and will remove the parts that should not be modified. Thanks :)
BTW, I need to file a Jira on the move for the Apache DS plugin to the
latest 1.5.4 version of ApacheDS.

Second question is why does the apacheds-launcher needs its own
> dependenyManagement section? Can't we move it to the
> studios root pom?

Yes, you're right. We can move it in the root pom.

> Third qeustion is if we shouldn't intoriduce a property for the apacheds
> version?

If you mean for the apacheds version in the apacheds plugin, yeah why not.
But then we would also need to introduce a property for the shared version
too.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud