directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Boorshtein" <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intercepting LDAP request
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:26:41 GMT

> The biggest problem is that this library does not handle the communication
> part. However, you can also have a look at a dormant project we have once
> worked on :
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/old/proxy/
>
> which is a Ldap Proxy. It was designed once upon a time to offer a
> graphical UI allowing you to see all the incoming and outgoing LDAP
> requests. It's not perfect, but it worked, 2 years ago.

Do you need to do anything with the ldap request or do you just need a proxy
to traverse a DMZ?  If you need a simple proxy (and assuming ApacheDS
doesn't offer one) you can use either MyVirtualDirectory (
http://myvd.sourceforge.net/) Penrose or I think Fedora DS and OpenDS all
have proxy modules.

MyVirtualDirectory makes it fairly simple to do changes to the request.  I
believe Penrose and OpenDS do too if you know Java.

Thanks

Marc