directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Quartz integration and LDAP persistence store
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:43:16 GMT
<head>
</head>
&nbsp;The schema I have sent before was just to show the number of tables
and their relationship. <br>
&nbsp;I have attached the complete schema table structures to the page at
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://hemuu.notlong.com/">http://hemuu.notlong.com/</a><br>
Kiran Ayyagari</div>
Alex Karasulu wrote:
 cite="mid:a32f6b020809270954j201fd9cfj33330d5cc751c207@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
footprint.&nbsp; <br>
I can help with the mapping of data structures to LDAP.&nbsp; As Emmanuel
said the best way is to embellish the page we already have in
confluence perhaps with a section on each data structure and we can
write out the quartz schema for it.<br>
Looking initially at the DB schema you provided Kiran I can see this
will be pretty easy to do.&nbsp; For starters we will have a quartzTrigger
ABSTRACT objectClass with a quartzTriggerName attribute and a
quartzTriggerGroup attribute.&nbsp; This can be extended for
quartzCronTrigger, quartzBlobTrigger, quartzSimpleTrigger STRUCTURAL
objectClasses.&nbsp; Under a trigger we can subordinate the jobs the trigger
has fired off.&nbsp; This is oversimplified I know but these are the best
steps to take to just knock this out. <br>
It will not be that hard to do.&nbsp; Once we know the schema and namespace
organization it's pretty easy to do and I'm not very worried about the
schema design at all.<br>
Alex<br>
Lecharny <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="mailto:elecharny@gmail.com">elecharny@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">Hi
Kiran,<br>
first, I suggest that you create a page on the wiki where you put your
thoughts about Quartz integration, as it will be more easy to look at
the graphics. (when this page is modified, the dev list is notified)
Kiran Ayyagari wrote:<br>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">
Here are some ideas that I have atm<br>
1. Serialize the in-memory data structures used by quartz and reload
them after server startup.<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp;(may require a separate partition to store)<br>
This is clearly an option. Now, we have to express Quartz needed
structure in a hierarchical way.
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;">
2. Use an embeddable RDBMS. In this case quartz can directly store data
using its inbuilt JdbcStore.<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp;(This may be the last and least preferable option )<br>
Yep. I would not favor this approach either, but we have to remain open
minded ... (all in all, we already embed Derby in ADS to manage
replication :)<br>
-- <br>
cordialement, regards,<br>
Emmanuel L&eacute;charny<br>
    <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.iktek.com"
 target="_blank">www.iktek.com</a><br>
    <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://directory.apache.org"
 target="_blank">directory.apache.org</a><br>