directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Quartz integration and LDAP persistence store
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:05:49 GMT
Hi Kiran,

first, I suggest that you create a page on the wiki where you put your
thoughts about Quartz integration, as it will be more easy to look at
the graphics. (when this page is modified, the dev list is notified)

Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> Here are some ideas that I have atm
>
> 1. Serialize the in-memory data structures used by quartz and reload
> them after server startup.
>     (may require a separate partition to store)
This is clearly an option. Now, we have to express Quartz needed
structure in a hierarchical way.

> 2. Use an embeddable RDBMS. In this case quartz can directly store
> data using its inbuilt JdbcStore.
>     (This may be the last and least preferable option )
Yep. I would not favor this approach either, but we have to remain open
minded ... (all in all, we already embed Derby in ADS to manage
replication :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com