directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Heavy refactoring on Studio's build (was Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:52:30 GMT
David Jencks schrieb:
> I don't know what is in your jars under discussion.
>
> My understanding of the policies about LICENSE and NOTICE files is that
> they apply to what is actually in the artifact (jar in this case) being
> distributed.  The DEPENDENCIES file you mention includes information
> about stuff that is not included in the artifact but is likely to be
> needed to actually use it: this is provided purely as a convenience for
> users that want to get a head start on tracking the licenses of these
> dependencies.
>
> So, unless you are actually including in the jar some code under a
> different license or that has been contributed to apache with additional
> NOTICE requirements then the standard LICENSE and NOTICE files from the
> maven remote resources plugin with the latest apache bundle should be fine.

Ok. Following this (reasonable) argumentation I'd say the we can remove the META-INF folder
on any subproject which
doesn't adds the dependency artifact to the jar itself like e.g. the jars subproject.

For those I suggest to move the specific licenses to a folder {module}/src/licenses and have
them added to the
jar/META-INF directory using the <resources> tag in the pom.

WDOT?
Felix