directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Heavy refactoring on Studio's build (was Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:02:11 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:

> I think we're done with this refactoring. Everything has been replaced
> and still works. :)
:-)

> While we were doing this, I noticed that the LICENCE.TXT and
> NOTICE.TXT files that are located in the META-INF folder are not used,
> nor included in the final jar.
>
> However, hopefully we don't ship our jars without having these files
> included. I believe they are added (with an extra DEPENDENCIES file)
> by Maven during the build. I remember a discussion about that some
> time ago on the mailing list.
>
> Now, the question is: If the produced files are legally OK, I think we
> should remove the ones in META-INF.
I'm not a laywer so I can't say OK....
The LICENSE and NOTICE file added are the once from Apache - at least
they look alike.
ATM we to have other licenses also mentioned in the
META-INF/LICENSE.TXT. The DEPENDENCIES file seems to collect them but
they seem to be taken from the transitive dependency poms. If the
configuration of these poms is not complete we don't get them in, e.g.
nlog4j, xpp3:

e.g. studio-dsml-parser DEPENDENCIES:
// Transitive dependencies of this project determined from the
// maven pom organized by organization.
// ------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Directory Studio DSML Parser

From: 'an unknown organization'
  - AntLR Parser Generator (http://www.antlr.org/) antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.7
    License: BSD License  (http://www.antlr.org/license.html)
  - nlog4j  org.slf4j:nlog4j:jar:1.2.25

  - Unnamed - xpp3:xpp3:jar:1.1.3.4.O
(http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xsoap/xpp/mxp1/)
xpp3:xpp3:jar:1.1.3.4.O

From: 'Apache Software Foundation' (http://www.apache.org/)
  - XML Commons External Components XML APIs
(http://xml.apache.org/commons/#external) xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.0.b2
    License: The Apache Software License, Version 2.0
(http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt)