directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Heavy refactoring on Studio's build (was Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:55:09 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     It's only run if the studio-plugin is configured in the specific pom
>     and <skip> is set to false.
>     Maybe we need to to have a another property in the studio-plugin
>     (like skip) for the execution of the bundle:manifest.
>

> Ok, thanks for the explanations. I was not aware of that.
> But the studio-plugin configuration is available in the root help-pom.
> Isn't it sufficient ?

I couldn't find it, the bundle-plugin is there.

>     It looks like none of the *help poms has a studio-plugin configured.
>     I think adding a new property to execute the
>     bundle:manifest will solve the problem. So we'll have skip=true and
>     the genmanifest=true if only the bundle:manifest
>     part shall be done.
>

> Why should we have skip set to true ?

Because otherwise we have done this too:
copyArtifacts( artifactList );
// Update .classpath
updateDotClasspath( artifactList );
updateDotProject();
removeMavenEclipseXml();
removeDotExternalToolBuilders();

and I think this is not needed.

>     Shall I have a look on this?
>

> Yes, please. If you don't mind... ;)

No problem. I'm working on it. Prepare to test ;-)

Regards
Felix