directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [Studio] How to speed up build time?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:53:42 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I probably don't understand the problem you are trying to solve.  I
> thought the way one would typically use the reactor plugin was,
> - I know I changed something in module X
> - I want to see what breaks as a result
> - so I start the build at X and build all the modules that depend on it.

In our case, building the help files cost around 65% of the global build
time (more than 6 minutes out of 10 on a laptop). The idea is to avoid
to build those help files, which use extensive XSLT processing, in order
to have a faster build, except if we are building a release.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message