directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] How to speed up build time?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:31:05 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>> A special profile that gets triggered when we want, or based on a
>> condition (a file existing [or not] somewhere).
>

> In general the fact that a module hasn't changed doesn't mean it will
> build: the stuff it depends on might have changed to break it.  Thus I
> think CI builds should be complete builds of everything.
We are talking about Javadoc generation, here. I don't think this make a
big difference if some Javadoc is not up to date simply because you have
not generated it before committing the code. Except that it cut the
build time from 10 minutes to 3 minutes, which is good enough to
guarantee that committers _will_ run the build before committing.

Of course, the release _must_ run a full build.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org