directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:12:36 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     +1
>     IIRC the MANIFEST.MF is also used by Eclipse (but I'm not sure).
>

> Yep, it is used to launch the plugin from within Eclipse to debug the
> plugin and it's also used as Manifest of the final jar.
>

>     If so we need to adapt the documentation about the intial mvn
>     eclipse:eclipse
>     studio:eclipse stuff.
>

> Yeah, and no... We will still need the use of the studio:eclipse
> plugin I think (at least for copying the dependencies into the 'lib'
> folder).

Not sure if this could also be done by the dependency plugin. See also
[1] Eclipse/PDE-Integration.

> BTW, I was wondering if it's possible in Maven to attach the launch of
> a goal of a plugin to another goal (of another plugin), or if it's
> only possible to attach it to a phase of the build.
> Do you have an idea ?

I don't have any idea if it's possible. At that time I was looking to
extend the eclipse:eclipse goal, but wasn't successful. Maybe it was the
wrong way and attaching to another goal of a plugin is more successful.
It would really be nice if we could :-)

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html