directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Using the Maven Release Plugin
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:18:26 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Just some ideas
>     - Did your run using the -Prelease profile?
>

> Nope.
> Is this mandatory ? What does it do ?
More or less mandatory. It's defined in the TLP pom and forces pgp
signing of the artifacts, generate source jars for deployment (I think)
and runs a king of forked deploy goal (which implicitly invokes install
via maven lifecycle). So this could also help :-)

>     - Did you verify if at this moment the artifact exists in your local
>     repository?
>

> I have an artifact for any project that is with version
> 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT, but absolutely none with version 1.3.0. <http://1.3.0.>..
> Which makes me wondering how Maven has managed to build the others
> projects (projects that have dependencies on other Studio projects)...
I think that release:perform does a checkout from the tagged version
into the target directory and builds it from there. This sould give you
the 1.3.0 versions in your local repository.