directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] What's the better approch to move to Apache DS 1.5.4 in the Apache DS plugin?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:14:32 GMT
Solution 3:
Everybody running  the server plugin already now is able to export his
data in LDIF with the 'legacy' studio version.
The new studio recognizes if an older server.xml exists -> Create a new
server (1.5.4), migrate the server.xml to use and give the user a
warning, that he'll need to export LDIF using his legacy studio and
import it into the latest version?
Migrate what we already can do and show the user the migration path for
his existing data and let the user do the migration.

Felix