directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release studio-plugin
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:36:15 GMT

>> usually don't release the TLP pom per se, it is only released if one
>> other part is released, so we _have_ a formal vote (usually :), for the
>> encapsulating project (apacheds, here).
>>

> Which IMO is in contradiction to your response when I launched a vote some days ago about
releasing a TLP pom :-).
yes, sorry about that. I was not clear.
>  And
> it's stated clearly in the dev doc you pointed me to that no vote is needed to release
a TLP pom:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/NdY, chap. 'Corrective Actions to Properly Use the
TLP POM', pt. 6:
> "No vote needed for TLP POM release for PMC members - just a notification to release
with 4 hour grace period to
> accommodate the lack of using SNAPSHOT for this POM"

This is a PMC decision, that we can make, as soon as we don't release
SNAPSHOTS. Remember that this TLP pom is just there because we are using
maven, otherwise we won't be able to build the project. It's a
pre-condition.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com