directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we vote for every release ? [was : Re: [vote] Release studio-plugin]
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:26:49 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>> ATM, I think that we just need to vote for Server, Studio, and shared.
>> I would like to get your opinion.
>
> Do you have some reason to think that releasing stuff without a pmc
> vote is allowed by apache rules?    I really thought that was the one
> inalterable and inescapable duty of the PMC.
We will _not_break any apache rule, if we consider that we will release
a subproject after having vote for the encapsulating release. That's the
key. Again, if we release ADS after a vote, we release in the same time
daemon, installers, shared and project. I don't see why we should launch
4 sub-votes in this case.

Now, if we have to release a sub-project per se, then a vote would be
necessary.

Regarding the TLP pom.xml, again, it should _not_ be released alone, but
must be released after a vote of a release of ADS or shared.

So if I gave the impression that I allowed a release of the TLP pom.xml
alone without a vote, I'm sorry about that, it was my mistake.

thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com