directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [studio] tagBase
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:20:43 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     I think it should be possible as we can also create the nightly
>     dists by
>     maven. Where do you see the problems caused by Eclipse?
>

> I don't know for now, but I'm sure we'll have a few surprises... (I
> know, when it comes to Maven, I'm never very optimistic...)
>
> I think we need to set this up and try to release fake versions, just
> to see how it goes and if have any issues.
>
> I don't know if we can do that on Apache's SVN and Maven Repository,
> because, of course we can rollback the SVN part, but I'm not sure we
> can un-deploy the deployed jars from the Maven Repository.
> Maybe we need to test that on more "private" SVN and Maven repositories...

If some SVN commits/rollbacks/deletion of the tags doesn't matter we
could use the recently described way with the altDeploymentRepository
and use something like

<release.altDeploymentRepository>-DaltDeploymentRepository=apache.release::default::scpexe://localhost/tmp/studio</release.altDeploymentRepository>

what should deploy to your local host into the /tmp/studio directory.
But this only will work with the not yet released TLP pom.

Felix