directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [summary vote] Release studio-plugin
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:55:16 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>
>> Felix Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> The vote passed and I'll do a release of the studio-plugin.
>>>

>> Hmmmm... 72H ?
>>
> If I understand correctly (but I'm not a native english) I can determine
> the vote if I got at least 3 +1:
> "Votes on whether a package is ready to be released follow a format
> similar to majority approval
> <http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval> --
> except that the decision is officially determined solely by whether at
> least three +1 votes were registered"
> :-)

Yes, but beside the formal procedure, I would like Alex (who is pretty
busy atm) to be able to catch this thread. This is why the 72 hours
period is good for.

Usually, what we do is to launch the vote, and wait for the 72 hours to
expire, regardless the number of voters we have. (this is not a speed
race ;)

Of course, we can also discuss this point further if we want to make the
rule more explicit. (Sometime, being more formal is better :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org