directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we vote for every release ? [was : Re: [vote] Release studio-plugin]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:28:43 GMT
I would like to start a new thread, because this is an important matter.

The question is : do we have to vote every release ?

There are pos and cons.

pros :
 - people will be more aware about changes done in a specific part
 - deploying the jar into maven when a vote has passed is a guarantee that the released jar
is endorsed by us

cons :
 - as we have now around 7 projects/sub-projects, plus a couple of plugins (actually, 3, AFAIK),
this might transform this PMC to a vote machine ;)
- as many of those subprojects are bound to a bigger project, this would be overkilling

Thsoe pros/cons are just the few things which comes to my mind, so feel free to discuss this
further, then we may take a decision.

ATM, I think that we just need to vote for Server, Studio, and shared.

I would like to get your opinion.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny