directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Bouncycastle] reloaded, was Re: [ApacheDS] Compilation issues with trunk
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:13:27 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I think that we should go back to use BC 136 waiting for BC 140 be
>> loaded into the maven central repository. We don't need this
>> shared-bouncycastle-reduced library if we can use BC 140, as this new
>> version does not content any patented software. In the mean time, and
>> until we release 1.5.5, I suggest we use the previous version, as the
>> build is broken for unknown reasons, and I don't think it worths the
>> time and energy to fix the current build.
>
> Well, this makes it more likely that you will end up releasing
> something that actually depends on BC 136, which IIUC is not a good idea.
as I mentionned, "until we release 1.5.5". I don't mean we will release
with 1.3.6 (yes, a really bad idea)
> I haven't followed much of this discussion but I would expect that if
> everything uses the reduced BC jar from apacheds all would be well.
> Usually you can use mvn dependency:tree to find out where a dependency
> is getting pulled in and if necessary use <exclusions> to avoid
> pulling in the actual BC 136 jar.
There is some mysterious failure in the current build :
 -  building from the root fails in apacheds,
 - building from apacheds works

So I'm pretty sure that there is a mixup somewhere, but I don't want to
mess with Maven, as Felix, you and Alex spent a hell of time making it
work :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com