directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Compilation issues with trunk
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:41:51 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> This is very strange...
>
> If I run "mvn clean install" at the root at the checkout it fails, but if I
> run it in the apacheds folder, it works... All that, without adding your
> fix...
>
> Some kind of property must be wrong somewhere.

Hi guys,

there is definitively a problem with bouncycastle . I think that we have
a collision between the shared-bouncycastle project and the
bouncycastle-136 jar, which makes apacheds subproject compiling but not
the top level project.

However, I think that we can simply remove the shared-bouncycastle
sub-project, as the last version (140) fix the problem we had, namely,
the IDEA patented stuff. It's not enymore included in the standard jar,
so we can include it.

But, because there is a but, this jar is not -yet- into the central
maven repo... Anyone wants to poke the maven guys to get it available asap ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com